Tuesday, December 7, 2010

PRINCE HOUSE: The Best Margherita Pizza Can Be Found Here

Kelapa Gading is like a mecca for food lovers. You can find almost every kind of food there. Just take a stroll on the boulevard and within minutes you'll find yourself bombarded with various establishments from those specializing in local cuisines to Asian, and western. Looking for something more specific? You can always hop to the La Piaza for more choices. With the vast array of options, it is easy to get confused when picking a place to eat. I'm sure the thought process of a lot of people goes like this: Tried that, bored. Haven't tried that one, but not in the mood. Tried that one and it was eww. And start over. Don't even let me start on when we're arguing with our eating partners. Choosing a place to eat, sometimes can be a chore in when you're in Kelapa Gading. 

So, I was driving around the boulevard looking for a place to eat. Then I spotted a place that piqued my interest. Located next to a flower shop was Prince House, a restaurant specializing in Belgian Waffles and Italian Cuisines. I've always had a weakness for waffles , so it was no surprise when I suddenly found myself standing in the front steps. The place was small and simple, almost like a diner. On the inside, it was conjoined with the flower shop next door which gave the place a little bit of charm.


Assortment of waffles on the display.


The specialty here is the waffles, available sweet and savory. We got right down to it and ordered one of each. We didn't forget to also try the pizza. And for the drink, I had a green tea gelato shake.

 Gelato Deluxe White (22.8K). Two pieces of waffle, strawberry gelato, white chocolate, and almond.

Classic Parmigiana (24.8K). Waffles served with breaded chicken breast, cheddar cheese, mixed salad, french fries,and homemade neapolitan sauce.
 
Medium Margherita (49.8k). Pizza with cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and Neapolitan sauce.

Greentea Milkshake Gelato (19.8K).

The gelato on the Deluxe White Waffles was nothing special, but the waffles themselves were really good. They were crisp, just the way I like them. The Classic Parmigiana was rather generic and kind of difficult to  be eaten with utensils. When I sliced through it with knife and fork, the whole dish fell apart. I guess it was meant to be picked up with hands like eating a hamburger. Both of the waffle dishes were not bad and I felt like I got my money 's worth.

The pizza itself was Oh My God! I feel like I could write a poetry about the pizza. It was by far the best Margherita Pizza I have ever tasted in my entire existence. The pizza reminded of a passage in one of my favorite books: "Eat, Pray, Love". The passage describes of a legendary pizzeria in Naples, Italy, and ever since I read that book, I have always wondered what their pizza would taste like. The passage really best describes the pizza I ate and it goes like this:

"The dough, it takes me half my meal to figure out, tastes more like Indian naan than like any pizza dough I ever tried. It's soft and chewy and yielding, but incredibly thin. I always thought we only had two choices in our lives when it came to pizza crust--thin and crispy or thick and doughy. How was I to have known there could be a crust in this world that was thin and doughy? Holy of holies! Thin, doughy, strong, gummy, yummy, chewy, salty pizza paradise."

I really think I've found that pizza here, in this place! When I read that passage in the book, this is how I would have imagined the pizza to taste like. In my opinion, the success of the pizza could also be attributed to the homemade Neapolitan sauce. The garlic and onion flavors really came through and it elevated the dish from being another standard cheesy, salty pizza.

I loved the waffles and the pizza. Prince House is definitely a place worth checking out when you're looking for a place to eat in Kelapa Gading area. I'm tempted to try out other stuffs on their menu, maybe another type of pizza and the pasta. I haven't gotten the chance to try the pasta before. I often find myself craving for their waffles and the pizza, but I just live so far from Kelapa Gading and rarely visit there, but I will definitely return and I am looking forward until the time comes.

Prince House
Jl. Bulevar Kelapa Gading WA2 No. 12
Kelapa Gading Permai
Delivery (Kelapa Gading Area Only): 021-98299537
www.princehouse.co.id
princehouse@ymail.com

2 comments:

  1. I've missed the taste of original belgian waffle, and by your praise of the pizza, i'd definitely check this place out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love waffles.. I will try it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...