Thursday, July 22, 2010

CUT///COPY (Live in Concert) - 10th July 2010 @ Bengkel Nightpark, Jakarta


I've been wanting to write about this for quite some time now. As you can see from the posting date, it's long overdue :p. I'm a huge fan of Cut/Copy and the second I found out about their concert in Jakarta, I immediately rushed to the nearest ticket venue, which was Sushi Groove Taman Anggrek, to purchase 3 early bird tickets for moi, my sister, and my best friend (another one bought it on the spot on the D-Day). So, suffice to say that I was pretty excited about this event, presented to you by the ever fabulous Ismaya Live and boy, do they deliver ever! 

This was the first time I ever attended a concert by Ismaya Live and let me tell you, it was the indie scene of my dream. If I'm imagining an indie rock concert, it would be exactly just as what Ismaya Live brought to life and even better at that. I loved everything from the concept, the set up, the choice of the venue, etc. Even when you're just about to enter the venue, you could feel that it was gonna be an amazing night. You can see crowds of fashionable young glitteratis, with their stylish clothes and edgy make up, chatting up their friends, smoking, drinking, and already talking about the after-party later at another Ismaya venues.
We went through a dark hallway lit with blue arrow shaped neon light that leads to the common room. In it you can find Guitar Hero arcade game where you can compete with other concert-goers for the highest score to win an IPad. There were also a photo booth by Femina Group where you can get your pictures taken with your posse and then uploaded to Facebook, a T-Shirt station where you can purchase the concert tees and proudly show how big of a fan you are, and finally a Sushi Groove booth, that are always present in any sophisticated party, for those hungry stomachs.

All in all, it was a perfect night. Great crowds, great music. Cut/Copy performed 13 songs, few were from their next album. And the only things that sucked were the opening acts, but we didn't spend our money to see them anyway. Thank you Ismaya Live and keep 'em coming, please!!! :D

 
I love how minimalistic and simplistic they are in their appearance and performance.
 
Sorry for the bad image quality. It's the best I could do with my Canon Powershot G11.

 
The posters

 The wristbands. You have to cut it off in order to get it off.

 And I got this nifty tees for a mere 100k, although it's over-sized :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...